Volo’s Guide to Monsters is a handbook which contains the 5th edition rules and guidelines of Dungeons & Dragons fantasy role-playing games. This guide was published in the year 2016. This edition is the 5th edition of this book. The 5th edition of Volo’s Guide to Monsters contains Monster manual and players handbook.
Now, let’s discuss some quick facts of this Volo’s Guide to Monsters book.
- Publisher: Wizards of the coast.
- Published Date: 15th November 2016.
- Series: Dungeons & Dragons
- Hardcover: 224 pages
- Language: English
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 0.6 x 10.9 inches
- Customer Reviews: 4.9 *****
The 5th edition of this book comes with new playable races with expanding creatures. This book also consists of new monsters like beholders and hags. This book comes with an alternate art cover placed by Hydro74. This book is very helpful for D&D players. They can make their strategy of playing the game by reading this book.
They will get some important guidelines that help them to plan their next venture. This book is about a place which is horrible and full of dust. The players are gone for treasure and they have to fight with plenty of creatures. All the things are explained in detail in the chapters of this book. This book is explained in 3 chapters. So, let’s discuss the 3 chapters of Volo’s Guide to Monsters.
Chapter one is very dangerous. This chapter contains lots of monsters and the origins of these monsters are also explained in this chapter. Basically, we can say that this chapter is the monster manual of this book. This chapter contains all the details of monsters like their behaviors and their character sketch. The powers of several monsters are also explained in this chapter.
The main theme of this chapter is Character races. The character races which have many distinctive options are used in this chapter. To know more about this chapter you have to buy this book.
The main theme of this chapter is Bestiary. The bestiary helps to provide game statistics of D&D for more than one hundred monsters. This chapter is a type of rule book which also contains many stories to explain.
So, these are the overview of the 3 chapters of Volo’s Guide to Monsters. Now, we’re going to the previews of Volo’s Guide to Monsters and also try to identify the achievement of this book.
Previews & Achievements
- The first page of the book consists of a table of red color. This plate is showing the quantity of content in the book.
- After reading the first page, An introductory guide is also provided by the company. This guideline is provided by Volo to read the preface of the book.
- Proceeding to the next, the chapters of the book started. The first chapter of the book consists of the explanation of the lore of giants.
- After chapter 1, chapter 2 comes and explains the race options for firbolg.
- Chapter 3, which is the last chapter of this book. This chapter explains about the froghemoth.
- After chapter 3 the book ends with it’s the final touch of the pictures of the art gallery.
Volo’s Guide to Monsters is an award-winning book. This book won the award of the best supplement of D&D and also won in the category of best Artwork.
- You can buy this book at just $49.95.
- This book is released on 15th November 2016.
- The format of this book is a handbook format.
You can order this book from your local store. If the book is not available on your nearby stores then you can buy this book on Amazon.com.